This Privacy notice is for visitors to our websites, apps and other digital platforms. It sets out how we use personal data that we hold about you and gives information on how to exercise your legal rights. In this notice ‘we’ and ‘our’ means ReviewLive which operates this platform.
What personal data will you process about visitors?
Sometimes we obtain additional information about you from other reputable data sources.
We may check our database of registered users against the information they hold on their systems to see if there are any matched individuals. If there is a match, we can collect and store some of this additional information (which may include statements about your lifestyle and interests) in our database and use it to further enhance our understanding of the types of products and services you might be interested in.
We may also match your cookie data with this third party data, and aggregate this data into interest-based segments or profiles which we use to develop our products, or serve you more relevant advertising. Sometimes we share these segments with other publishers so they can show you advertising on their websites. We can also pool these segments with those from other publishers so that advertisements can be shown across multiple websites to readers whilst limiting the number of times you see the ads.
We can also access information from social media activity such as when you ‘like’ the website, share content or follow us on Twitter. When you sign in to the website using social media you grant permission to the social network to share some of your details with us. Depending on the network this will include basic account information such as name, email address, date of birth and any other details you choose to share according to your particular social media account settings.
For what purposes do we use this data?
* Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the website and have already logged in)
* Personalising the advertising you see on the website so that it is more relevant to you.
* Personalising the advertising you see on other publisher websites whilst limiting the number of time you see the advertisements.
* Improving the design and style of the website
* Informing you about products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive these type of communications.
* Sending you service messages about your subscription or account registration, for example if you have clicked a password reset link. This could be by email, overlay on the website or push notification.
* Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
* Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email
* Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you through our newsletters, but only those you have consented to receive.
* Administering competitions and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
* Compiling customer reviews
* Conducting market research
* Sending a product to your home address
* Granting you access to a subscription
* Dealing with any query or complaint you submit to our customer services team. Only provide sensitive data (such as information about your health, race or religion) if you are happy to consent to our using it to manage your enquiry
* Sending you push notifications from our apps
We also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website
What is your legal basis for processing my personal data?
We will only use your personal data for advertising and marketing, personalisation of content and services, advertising analytical purposes and to track eCommerce purchases if we have your specific consent to do so. This includes the use of data provided by you and our partners for profiling purposes in order to generate revenue from you so we can improve our products and services.
The legitimate interest pursued by us to analyse our Website traffic in order to maintain the service, for example monitoring successful page loads or error messages.
How can I access and update my personal information?
If you are a registered user, you can update your personal information by signing in to your account page or through your social network provider. In all other cases, please contact customer services.
You can ask for a copy of the personal information we may hold about you, or for your data to be deleted via customer services.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Please note that if your account appears to have not been used for 12 months, we will try and contact you to check whether it is still in use and/or we will delete it. Please note that any comments associated with your account will also be deleted.
If you do not read the newsletters that you have subscribed to, we will delete your name from the relevant list after 6 months.